Posts Tagged ‘Department of Revenue Services’

How to Apply for Connecticut Tax Amnesty and Save Money

Gold percent


The State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (“DRS”) is running a tax amnesty program from September 16, 2013 through November 15, 2013. The amnesty program is for any tax period ending on or before November 30, 2012.

4 Easy Ways to Get Connecticut Income Tax Forms

1) Visit the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services Website

2) Call the Department at (800) 382-9463 (within Connecticut but outside Hartford area) or at (860) 297-5962 (from anywhere) from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

3) Visit the Department in Hartford

4) Go to local public libraries, town halls and post offices during tax season

ACTION ITEM: Connecticut taxpayers have several sources to access … Continue reading »

The Difference Between an LLC and a Subchapter S Corporation

Startup businesses are often considering either a Limited Liability Company ("LLC") or a Subchapter S Corporation.  Here are the differences:

Why You Should Notify the Internal Revenue Service When You Move

Where is my tax refund?  Why didn’t I receive estimated tax payment vouchers?  These are just a couple of reasons why you should notify the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) when you move.