Judge Learned Hand said:
Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes. Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands.”
Listen to the Judge, he knows what he’s talking about. The tax code provides certain incentives. Our mission is to find those incentives that will help you. We work with corporations, partnerships, LLCs and individuals to help them with their tax planning and preparation.
Our individual clients rely on us to handle their complex tax matters.
Most of our individual clients have some of the following situations:
- Small business owner with a Sole Proprietorship or LLC
- Owning rental real estate
- Un-reimbursed employee business expenses
- Filing in multiple states
- Have employee stock options
- Have significant securities transactions
- Are beneficiaries of trusts or are active in Partnerships, LLCs or Subchapter S corporations
If, unfortunately, you are audited by the Internal Revenue Service, Connecticut Department of Revenue Services or the Massachusetts Department of Revenue we can represent you before these taxing authorities.