Posts Tagged ‘Schedule B’

7 Things Connecticut Taxpayers Should Do Before Filing Their Income Tax Return

1) Don’t panic. The returns are due on April 17th this year. This is due to April 15th falling on the weekend and April 16th being a holiday in Washington DC. If you can’t get your return completed and filed on time, file an extension. The federal form is 4868 and the Connecticut form is CT-1040-EXT. This will allow you until October 15th to file. The extension however only extends the time to file, it does not extend the … Continue reading »

How to File Your FBAR and Avoid Huge Penalties

The Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Form TD F 90-22.1 ("FBAR") is due June 30, 2011.  This form must be filed by a United States person with a financial interest in or signature authority over a foreign financial account if the total value of all of the accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the year.  This form is merely an information form.  There is no tax due with this return.

Got a Foreign Bank Account…File Your FBAR!

Taxpayers with foreign accounts have come under fire from the U.S. Government.  Apparently, some people had foreign accounts and they, um…didn't declare the income.  Yikes!

Web Statistics